Sundowner Aviation's Flight InstructorsHighly qualified and enthusiastic instructors who love aviation and want to share their love for flying with you!
Chief Pilot Pat Rooney
Pat began his aviation career over 40 years ago in 1973 in the United States Air Force. After several years as an instructor pilot in T-37s at Reese Air Force Base in Texas, Pat served for 3 years as a B-52G Aircraft Commander based in Barksdale AFB Louisiana. A constant feature of Pat's aviation career has been teaching, from 1982 through 1997 he continued to instruct pilots for the USAF. After concluding his time in the Air Force, Pat began flying for one of the major airlines, flying the Boeing 737, 757, and then 767s on international routes. Altogether Pat has over 17,000 hours of flying in his career, of which about 4,000 hours have been focused on training new and more experienced pilots. Join us at Sundowner Aviation and learn and benefit from Pat's many years of successful instruction.
- Nearly 4,000 hours as instructor in the T-37, T-38, T-3, and UV-18A Twin Otter.
- Over 1,000 hours as Aircraft commander in B-52
- Pilot with major airline from 1997-2016
- 11,600 hours with airline flying Boeing 737, 757, and 767.
- Instructor in Light Sport, Cessna 172, BE-23, PA-24, PA-28, and PA-23.